Thursday, August 21, 2014

Girls Day!

Sorry in advance for grammar/spelling..My eyes are watering from "no sleep mommy syndrome".

I am not sure how I am going to write my entire day in the blog. I am so so tired. Lila woke me up at 4am, laid in bed next to me until she fell asleep (while playfully smacking my face for 5 min), and fell back asleep until 7:30. We quickly got up to drop David off at work and spent the morning together until our playdate!

Sarah and I have been messaging each other on facebook for quite some time now. We went to the same high school, and Lila and Brielle (her baby girl) are 2 months apart. We compare/suggest things to each other, and we are both new young moms! David would always yell at me while I was writing back and forth with Sarah because our "letters" would be so long! I would tell him not to talk to me for like an hour so that I could focus LOL. ANYWAY, today was the first time we got the girls together for a playdate! I was so excited because Lila is not around a lot of babies, and she is beginning to get interested in children. We met at Patapsco State Park. It was so nice! The girls got to interact and us moms got to talk about our crazy girls. 

Lila was extremely fond of Brielle's hands and feet. She kept trying to eat them. 


 After a long day of play, a few naps, and a long drive home, Lila enjoyed some Barney...mouth open.
Like Father Like... Daughter???

OK..tonight's dinner. 

I had gotten chicken out to defrost this morning so that it would be ready when I got home. All day I could not think of what I wanted to make.....

SIDENOTE --> This is what I do every night. I look in the fridge, see what ingredients I want to use in dinner, and go straight to pinterest. I search two of my main ingredients for dinner and find something new! I LOVE PINTEREST. All of the recipes are good and I have yet to have a repeat dinner! 

I had corn on the cob and chicken. Well I love BBQ chicken and corn on the cob together.. Now all I needed was a baked potato. Well all I had were red potatoes....HEY PINTEREST! 
I found loaded sliced "baked potato". 

Now if you have not noticed yet, I rarely have all of the ingredients for every recipe. I usually say "eh, it can do without that" or use a different ingredient. SO BBQ Chicken... I did not have a lot of the ingredients for the sauce, but I just improvised and it tasted great. 




BBQ Chicken
Ingredients: (what i used)
4 Chicken Breasts (pounded)
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 c ketchup 
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 c olive oil
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 c BBQ sauce (I added this after not knowing that there was not any in recipe)
 
It also called for: 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 c apple cider vinegar

Instructions:
Preheat over 375
Wisk all together and coat 1/3 sauce in baking dish, place chicken in dish, 1/3 of sauce on top of chicken, and after 20-25 min pour rest of sauce on chicken. 

Sliced Loaded Potatoes
I kind of threw this together on my own and used what I had..I would have liked to have sour cream on mine as well!

Ingredients:
Olive oil
3 red potatoes (sliced thinly)
chopped chives
bacon (YUM)
shredded cheese
salt
pepper

Instructions:

preheat 400
brush potato slices with olive oil and add a little salt and pepper.
While in the oven, cook bacon in pan, and chop chives.
bake for 30 min (flipping halfway in between)
Crumble bacon, add chives and cheese! 


Cannot wait until tomorrow. We are home alone so that I can get some cleaning done and we can chill together. YAY for no plans!


Adios

-LS


No comments:

Post a Comment