Life has been a little busy lately with the holiday season. We went to three thanksgivings and we have three holiday parties not including Christmas Eve or Christmas day.
My mom's Thanksgiving
Lila was feeling FABULOUS after dinner!
The day before Thanksgiving it SNOWED! Lila loved it. She was speechless.
The Steppe Thanksgiving
This week we got the house decorated! I love Christmas decorations. Something about it makes everything feel warm and cozy.
This is what I am cookin' in the kitchen tonight (well now, because Lila is taking her afternoon nap!)
I googled a bunch of different ingredients that I had and found this on Katie's Cucina Blog.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, red and yellow variety
- 1 pound honey gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped length-wise 1-inch
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 6 links italian sausage, spicy
- 5 sprigs dried thyme
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large baking dish, toss grape tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, and red onion with one tablespoon olive oil and chopped garlic.
- Mix well until incorporated and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the sausage links on top of the vegetables. Place sprigs of thyme throughout the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil from baking dish, mix vegetables around, and bake for an additional 30 minutes until sausage is golden brown. (*You may need to turn the sausage to prevent from burning). Serve immediately.
preheat 400. I basically cut the sprouts in half, add olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. cook for 25-30 min. sprinkle a little parmesan cheese. yum!
Gotta go cook. Hopefully it will not take 3 months for me to post again ;)