Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Giggles and Kisses

A little over 13 months and Lila is starting to make me laugh. I mean..I have always laughed at things she did, but now she is doing funny things on purpose..sorta.
"I'm always funny, mom"
Forgot to mention...we are still stuck inside. Go away snow!

So Lila has a little baby doll that talks when you squeeze her belly. I always make her talk for Lila, and I also show her how to kiss the baby. Well just recently I realized that Lila is squeezing her belly to make her talk! Yay Lila! I was watching her squeeze the belly, and she could not get her to talk. All of a sudden Lila start licking her face. She would do it over and over again. I couldn't stop laughing because I think she thought that since I kiss the baby and she talks, that Lila could kiss the baby and she would talk. By the end, the baby's face was covered in slobber, and mommy had a good laugh. Poor baby. 

It was a normal day yesterday, but it felt very different. Lila was doing so much more! She was mimicking me all day (her usual words) and laughing how I laughed. I would squeal, she would squeal. Its so much fun! We did it over and over for at least 5 minutes. It usually ends with both of us laughing. She is getting so giggly and its fun to see her mouth open so I can see her teeth! They are so big. 

The other funny story that happened last night was during dinner. I was in no mood to make a fancy dinner so I decided to make grilled cheese and tomato soup. Grilled cheese is boring, so I added anything I could find to spice it up a little bit. I think I put cheese, tomato, spinach, onion, and spices. 

It was good! Even Lila ate all of hers up. Her tray was empty and she was digging down her vest...I opened it up for her because she dropped a piece of the grilled cheese down there. I went about cleaning up and realized that she started digging down her shirt. I kept watching her (thinking she dropped another piece) because she would pull it over her head. She eventually pulled it down and started poking her belly. It was huge! I was laughing so hard. 


I also want to share my dinner from a couple nights ago. If anyone likes Chicken Piccata, you gotta try this! Its amazing. My hubby LOVES everything with lemon now, so I like finding recipes with lemon. When I started making dinners for us, I would put lemon on broccoli (just like my mom always did) and he loved it. More lemon the better! So I found this and thought of him. I found this on pinterest! Enjoy!



Lemon Chicken Piccata
2 skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
salt and pepper to taste
all purpose flour
4tbsp butter
2tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock or dry white wine
1/4 cup brined capers
1/3 cup parsley



season chicken with salt/pepper. dredge in flour and shake off excess

in large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter with the olive oil, over medium to high heat

add chicken pieces to skillet and cook for about 3-4 min per side until browned. When chicken is cooked, remove chicken from skillet

remove skillet from heat. add lemon juice, chick stock or wine, capers and scrape up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. return skillet to heat and bring to boil. taste sauce and season with additional salt/pepper

add chicken back to skillet and let simmer for 5 min. remove chicken to a platter and add remaining butter and whisk for about a min. sauce will thicken a bit. 

add sauce to chicken and garnish with parsley. 


I also was able to take some pics of my sis-in-law and her boyfriend on sunday. They are super cute and funny. They had me laughing alot!


I have a lot of fun doing these photos! Definitely a fun new hobby for me! 

Good Day!
-LS

No comments:

Post a Comment