Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Can't catch a breath!

Life with Lila has been pretty exhausting. I love it, but sometimes I wish that I could have a pause button. She is fast. I look away for a moment and she is gone heading towards anything that screams "do not touch me". Then there are moments when she is quiet and she is still for several minutes. 

Today I was able to take some photos of a high school friend and her 3 month old baby, Kinsley! She drove back home from New York (where she lives currently). I was so excited when she texted me a few days ago. I LOVE taking photos. I have a long way to go, but I feel like this is good practice. I love capturing special moments, and being able to give that to someone in a photo. So here is Kinsley and her mama :)





These pictures are from a couple of days ago. Lila has really been starting to grow into her personality recently. She loves her books. We read several times a day and she usually walks around with a book in her hand throughout the day. Even when I am not next to her to read, she will flip the pages to look at the pictures. I am in love with this photo of Lila and her "Hello Baby" book. For weeks now, she will pick it up, hand it to me or David and basically tell us to read it to her. 


 One more thing that has been in our daily routine is Lila finding my makeup and playing. It is becoming my favorite time of day! I get my bag out and she quickly crawls and follows. She sits on my lap and I hand her something to keep her entertained while I do my makeup. The sweetest thing is when she looks up at me and watches me apply the makeup. I cant wait to one day dress her up and let her try on some makeup! 


Now..I have been trying a ton of new recipes lately.. For the most part they have all turned out great. Tonight I had pork chops defrosted and I needed to use up a bunch of veggies.

Most of the time when I make pork chops, I end up finding sweet and spicy recipes, but I wanted to try something different. Well..I did!

Pork Chops 
4 pork chops
1 tbsp olive oil
5 cloves garlic, diced
1.5 cup diced tomatoes
1 large onion diced
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp sage
1 tsp basil

heat large, heavy pan on high until warm
add oil & heat until shimmery
brown chops on each side (1 min each)
reduce heat medium low & add onions
stir onion & flip chops after 2 min each side
add tomato, garlic & spices
simmer until tomatoes are soft (5-8 min)


zucchini, squash, potato, tomato side (??)

1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion
2 clove garlic
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1 potato
1 tomato
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
salt&pepper to taste
1 cup shredded italian cheese

preheat oven 400
spray bottom of 8x8 dish
saute onion and garlic & put at bottom of baking dish
thinly slice veggies
place veggies vertically in baking dish 
sprinkle spices
cover dish with foil & bake for 30 min
remove foil, top with cheese & bake for 15-20 min

Here is a picture of what the veggies should look like before going into the oven. I forgot to take a photo. 


Here is how mine turned out :)



Off to bed. Today was exhausting. 

-LS









No comments:

Post a Comment