Thursday, January 22, 2015

Recipes!

These past two weeks I have been trying out some new recipes. Lets get to it!!

Dave LOVES mexican food. We need to eat it "at least 3 days a week". So I looked up a healthy recipe and decided to make Chimichangas. I also had three ripe plantains decided to make some fried plantains. THEN I went CRAZY! Made some mexican rice with beans. IT WAS AMAZING. David just about died. He said it was just like Costa Rica...but theirs was better..I am not going to disagree. 

2 cups chicken (shredded or chopped)
1 cup salsa
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup shredded cheddar
2 green onions
6 flour tortillas
2 tbsp butter (melted)
Toppings: Whatever you like..sour cream,guacamole,salsa, cheese.

1. preheat oven 400 degrees
2. mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. put 1/3 cup of mixture in center of tortillas.
3. roll up and place seam down in baking dish.
4. brush melted butter on tortillas and bake for 25 min
5. add toppings!



Now onto tonights dinner...my mom gave me instructions and I totally messed up. I was supposed to sear the pork tenderloin in the stove, not on the stove..it ended up with me getting splashed with hot oil EXTREMELY close to my eye! 
So I found some cold wine and started drinking and icing my face...then used it as my pork base (haha). 

Since I messed up my pork from the beginning, I started my own thing. 

I took my pork tenderloin and seasoned it with salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, and fresh thyme. I seared all four sides in HOT HOT olive oil and added a cup or two of white wine (I estimated). I lowered the heat and let it cook (covered) for 30-40 min. 
While the pork was cooking, I started on the veggies. I cut carrots and potatoes and mixed them around with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. I threw them in the oven at 400 degrees for 35ish min? I just watched them.
Before

After!


I also cooked up some broccoli...I need to use it up!


Lila loved the meal. Ate up every bite....and came back when I ate my dinner.







No comments:

Post a Comment