Monday, October 6, 2014

What A Weekend!

I wrote this last night but for some reason it didn't work! Here ya go!

Wow. So much to say and not enough time. I have to watch Teresa Guidice's interview on Bravo. Yes, I am somewhat obsessed. (I started blog, took a break and came back several hours later).


I fed Lila a bottle around 7:30 (normal bedtime) and tried to put her down to sleep twice. Both times she woke up. The last time I left her to cry herself to sleep. She is screaming right now-sorry if I sound distracted :) ......wait. David just got up to comfort her. 

Lila has been going down to bed like normal...but then an hour or two later wakes up and is ready to party. Well mommy over here is NOT! I am not sure if she is trying to change her schedule, but it is getting old. It has been maybe a week since this has started. Maybe it has to do with all of the new accomplishments. Today she went from her belly, knees, to standing! YAY! She also was non-stop cooing! I heard Da Da several times today!!!

This past weekend was mine and David's 1st wedding anniversary. It is crazy how fast it went by. It is funny..I remember in high school and beginning of college talking to Dave about how exciting it will be when we could actually get engaged, married and have children. It is surreal that it all happened so quickly (oopyss!) I do not think David and I ever had a normal teenage relationship. Within a year of dating we knew that our relationship was different than most, and  that we would get married. We rarely fought/fight, we had never been on a "break" (never understood those) and our different personalities and hobby's worked well together. Don't get me wrong, we do have our moments of bickering and fighting...but that's love, right? I care to tell him when he is completely wrong. LOL.  We always joke saying that we have nothing in common. It is true. We are very different. The only thing that we have in common are our values and our child- HA! The important things.

We met at our high school (Baltimore Lutheran) and started dating the beginning of our sophomore year. David tells me that he remembers orientation day of Freshman year pointing me out to all of his friends-he even remembers what I was wearing. Impressive! 

Here is homecoming night where David first asked me out. 
David was 15 and I was 16.
This was us last year at our wedding :)


So let's start with Thursday and Friday night. 

I had made a baked ziti. Well when I boiled the ziti every noodle was stripped and broken. I was so confused. I did not have much time to think so I just made a box of rigatoni. It worked out just fine and was still very good.




1 box of rigatoni
1 lb italian sausage
1 jar of marinara
mozz cheese (eye balled it)
few shakes of red pepper (optional)
I also added some chopped onion (optional)

Preheat 350. Boil the pasta. Cut sausage in 1in slices. Cook sausage in pan until there is no pink. Combine cooked pasta, sausage, sauce, and mozz in mixing bowl and put into baking dish. Top with mozz cheese. Bake for 20 min or until bubbly. So good!


Then on Friday night we had Casey and Aidan (David's sister and boyfriend) and my friend Heather to carve pumpkins. They were coming over late at night after work, so I had to make something to snack on. Well I found round baked bread at the grocery store and remembered that I had pinned a yummy recipe for it on pinterest.


1lb round boule-style loaf of sourdough
sliced cheese (whatever you like, I used cheddar)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 large garlic cloves
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
chopped parsley
marinara sauce

Preheat 375. Cut enough foil to fit around entire loaf. Cut bread into 1 in slices leaving about 1/4 inch of base of bread intact. Repeat in opposite direction to create cubed patch. Place bread on foil. Slice cheese and play into slots. In small bowl wisk together butter, garlic, and seasonings and gently pour onto bread. Make sure the mixture gets into slices. Wrap bread in foil. Bake for 15 min, then unwrap foil and increase temp to 425. Bake another 10 min. We dipped the bread in marinara. Scrumptious! 


Tonight I had made shrimp scampi. I had a lot of shrimp leftover from the dinner I made for our anniversary. I did not actually eat because I ate a late lunch with my friend, but the boys said it was good!


thin spaghetti
shrimp
green onion
red pepper
grape tomatoes
garlic
parsley
lemon
lemon zest
butter

This was so simple. I was not exactly sure how much I used of everything because I did not make a normal sized dinner. Boil pasta. Sauteed red pepper, garlic, and tomatoes. Added shrimp. Added butter and lemon several times to make a yummy sauce. Cooked until shrimp were nice and pink-ish! Added green onion, parsley and lemon zest to top it all off! Mix all together!



Sorry for the crazy amount of recipes tonight but my dinners have been turning out pretty good lately. Here's to the rest of my weekend....


David and I decided early on that we were not going to be celebrating our anniversary with gifts this year. It's not important this year and we wanted to make it memorable! He decided to surprise me. In the past, it has been hard for him to actually surprise me. I would somehow find out OR I would beg and beg to know until he told me. Well I had not idea what we were doing this time around. He told me to pack warm/heavy clothes. We started driving and I had no idea where he was taking me! 3 hours later we arrived. Where are we!!??? I still had no idea. He told me we were going to spend the weekend at Deep Creek! Well that was great! I was excited but still confused. I had heard of Deep Creek, but I did not know what we were going to do. I mean its a creek.....and it's fall. 

Eventually we got Lila all situated, unpacked, and changed for dinner. Lila was in a great mood all weekend so I was excited! We headed to a restaurant called The Dutch's! It was really good! The drive over was beautiful. We were passing the lake and all of the mountains and trees! Even though it was a week earlier than expected, all of the trees were turning already. So PRETTY!!

The next day we went to Swallow Falls Park. It was really nice! Cold! We had Lila all bundled up and ready in her carrier. We were able to see a big waterfall and walked the trail. It really was nice and Lila really enjoyed herself. She was so calm the entire time outside. We finished the day with going into a little town, walking around, and having lunch. All in all it was a great weekend!!!!
Hi, David and Lila! Can't even see the baby!

Thanks for the warm outfit, Oma and Poppy!

Anyone that knows David knows that he loves rock climbing and that baby...Great picture.



When we had gotten home Sunday, it was my turn for surprising David. I wanted to set up a little romantic dinner outside with candles and lights. It took a lot to pull it off because David had to stay inside to finish his homework. Thankfully my mom came over to give me some stuff I requested and was able to take Lila for a little bit so that I could focus on the dinner. Believe it or not, it is hard for me to make dinner and run after a newly crawling baby. I made two nice big steaks, asparagus, four heart shaped potatoes (cute, right?), and shrimp. My mom surprised us with champagne which was nice because I forgot about wine with such a crazy week!  



Even though we were in comfy, warm clothes (not very romantic), it was still really nice. Our one neighbor Susan even saw us through the trees on her walk and sang "Unforgettable" until she reached her house. It was very funny and very unforgettable. We ended our night with dancing to "My Endless Love". I consider that to be our wedding song even though it was not. We both love love love Frank Sinatra, so we picked "i've got you under my skin". However, we were obsessed with "My Endless Love" during that time and we would always sing the duet together. We also danced to it at our wedding because it's our favorite. 

THAT WAS LONG. Off to bed I go. What an amazing weekend. 

Love you, David.
See ya later!
-LS


No comments:

Post a Comment