Well. Here I am. I was on the phone with my mom tonight, and she told me to start a blog. Thought to myself, "hmm with all of my free time, being a mom, wife, cook, maid, and housekeeper" SURE! So tonight is the night.
I thought this would be a great way to vent (?), and share my new world with others.
- I am a 22-year-old new stay-at-home-mom.
- In October 2014, I got married to my high school sweetheart (David) of 5 years.
- On January 14, 2014, I gave birth (7 weeks early) to a sweet baby girl, Lila Rose. After a little help from the NICU, we were clear to start our life as a family of 3!
- Today, I have a 7 month old baby, who is into everything, a husband, who is way too patient, and me, trying to deal with all things new.
I hope that this new blog will help me relax for 30 minutes a day, and focus on other things besides...poop.
SO. For today..
Woke up. Did mommy things. Cut coupons. Went to grocery store. Saved $61 from coupons (!!). Went home. Made a yummy dinner. And now having a glass of wine, and writing my blog. Nothing too exciting happened...however..back to our dinner.
IT WAS AMAZING.
I am a very new cook, but I may have found my calling. If I can do it, anyone can! Wish I took a picture of tonight's dinner...but a recipe will have to do!
Yummy Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
4 pork chops (bone-in or out)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar and all spices.
- Rub sugar/spice mix all over both sides of pork chops.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan over med high heat.
- Cook chops for about 5 min on each side until browned.
- If needed, put in oven for additional 5 min to make sure they are cooked through.
Roasted Herbed Veggies/Potatoes
3 Red Potatoes
1/2 Green Pepper
- Preheat oven 450 degrees
- I cut all of the veggies until it filled my baking dish.
- Poured olive oil and lemon juice over medley. Mixed it all around until coated.
- sprinkled thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper (I eye-balled it-sorry!)
- Roast for 35-45 minutes.
I better go to bed before I think about running to the fridge, and taking a bite of leftovers!