Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hello Blogging World.


Well. Here I am. I was on the phone with my mom tonight, and she told me to start a blog. Thought to myself, "hmm with all of my free time, being a mom, wife, cook, maid, and housekeeper" SURE! So tonight is the night. 

I thought this would be a great way to vent (?), and share my new world with others.

Short recap:
  • I am a 22-year-old new stay-at-home-mom.
  •  In October 2014, I got married to my high school sweetheart (David) of 5 years.
 

  • On January 14, 2014, I gave birth (7 weeks early) to a sweet baby girl, Lila Rose. After a little help from the NICU, we were clear to start our life as a family of 3!

  • Today, I have a 7 month old baby, who is into everything, a husband, who is way too patient, and me, trying to deal with all things new.

I hope that this new blog will help me relax for 30 minutes a day, and focus on other things besides...poop. 


SO. For today..

Woke up. Did mommy things. Cut coupons. Went to grocery store. Saved $61 from coupons (!!). Went home. Made a yummy dinner. And now having a glass of wine, and writing my blog. Nothing too exciting happened...however..back to our dinner.

IT WAS AMAZING.

I am a very new cook, but I may have found my calling. If I can do it, anyone can! Wish I took a picture of tonight's dinner...but a recipe will have to do!

Yummy Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
Ingredients: 
4 pork chops (bone-in or out)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne powder 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven 350 degrees.
  • In a bowl combine brown sugar and all spices.
  • Rub sugar/spice mix all over both sides of pork chops. 
  • Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan over med high heat. 
  • Cook chops for about 5 min on each side until browned.
  • If needed, put in oven for additional 5 min to make sure they are cooked through.
Roasted Herbed Veggies/Potatoes
Ingredients:
3 Red Potatoes
1/2 Green Pepper
Carrots
Yellow Squash
lemon juice
olive oil
thyme
parsley
salt
pepper

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven 450 degrees
  • I cut all of the veggies until it filled my baking dish.
  • Poured olive oil and lemon juice over medley. Mixed it all around until coated.
  • sprinkled thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper (I eye-balled it-sorry!)
  • Roast for 35-45 minutes. 

I better go to bed before I think about running to the fridge, and taking a bite of leftovers! 

Until Tomorrow!

-LS





No comments:

Post a Comment